After decades of use as a National Guard armory and then as an electrical supply company, reflecting the sensitivity to its location in the heart of Flemington’s historic district, major remodeling of the original structure and construction of a new building transformed the property into the attractive facility it is today.
Containing a retail unit which maintains the character of the 130 year old original building and 11 luxury apartments, accomplished with the skill of a master carpenter, the buildings have been fully leased since completion in 2007 and are considered the premier residential buildings in downtown Flemington.
After decades of use by a local farmer’s cooperative to auction poultry, eggs and livestock, Old Egg Auction became the spectacular four building office complex which exists today with space for small to large tenants. Gavel Hall is now an awe-inspiring one-of-a-kind structure, overwhelming in its architectural detail. The Empire Building, dating to 1905, has been restored, retaining original architectural detail, including exposed columns and wooden beams. The Annex, dating to the same period, looks as it did then, and the Chalet has a character of its own.